*In this policy, “customer”, “you” or “your” includes any individual who has requested, applied for or been supplied with products or services (including claims services) by Brokers Trust Insurance Group Inc. including any other individual for whom the customer has acted as agent, guardian or representative.
Brokers Trust Insurance Group Inc. only collects, uses and discloses Personal Information for the following purposes:
- Offering and providing insurance and financial products and services to you;
- Establishing and maintaining communications with you;
- Verifying your identity and the accuracy of your Personal Information with government agencies, industry associations, brokers or insurers;
- Analyzing and assessing risks on a prudent basis;
- Determining and facilitating your payment of fees and premiums;
- Investigating and paying claims;
- Compiling statistics;
- Complying with the law or the requests of law enforcement agencies or regulators; and
- Notifying you or allowing our affiliated companies to notify you of certain products or services offered by us, or our affiliated companies.
Your knowledge and consent of Brokers Trust Insurance Group Inc.’s collection, use and disclosure of your Personal Information is critical. We rely on the following actions by you as indications of your consent to our existing and future Personal Information practices:
- Your voluntary provision of Personal Information directly to Brokers Trust Insurance Group Inc. or through an insurance broker or representative for the purpose of acquiring an insurance contract or financial services or product (including information previously provided to Brokers Trust Insurance Group Inc.);
- Your express consent or acknowledgement contained within a written, verbal or electronic application process;
- Your consent solicited by Brokers Trust Insurance Group Inc. (or our agent) for specified purpose;
- Your consent given through your authorized representative such as a legal guardian, agent or holder of a power of attorney.
Subject to certain legal or contractual restrictions and reasonable notice, you may withdraw this consent at any time. Brokers Trust Insurance Group Inc. will inform you of the consequences of withdrawing your consent. In some cases, refusing to provide certain Personal Information or withdrawing consent for Brokers Trust Insurance Group Inc. to collect, use or disclose your Personal Information could mean that we cannot provide you with insurance coverage or other requested products, services or information. If you wish to withdraw your consent to be notified of marketing initiatives, please call us at 905-695-5184.
Brokers Trust Insurance Group Inc. will maintain your Personal Information as accurate, complete and up-to-date as is necessary for the Identified Purposes.
Brokers Trust Insurance Group Inc. will protect your Personal Information by security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information. Safeguards will vary depending on the sensitivity, format, location and storage of the Personal Information.
Limiting Collection & Retention of Personal Information
Brokers Trust Insurance Group Inc. will only collect, use or disclose Personal Information that is necessary for the Identified Purposes or as required by law. If we require Personal Information for any other purpose, you will be notified of the new purpose, and subject to your consent, that new purpose will become an Identified Purpose. Brokers Trust Insurance Inc. Group will only collect Personal Information by fair and lawful means. We will retain Personal Information only as long as is necessary for the fulfillment of the Identified Purposes.
Accountability, Openness & Customer Access