About Brokers Trust
At Brokers Trust, we believe the best coverage is one of a kind, never cookie cutter or one-size-fits-all. That’s why our team goes the extra mile to make sure we deliver trusted, customized advice and insurance solutions as unique as you are—so you get the best coverage and the best value for your needs.
A family company with eyes on the future.
When Gino Ventresca and Bruno Bertolin started their company over 50 years ago in a small office on College Street in Toronto, they may not have envisioned the size and vast expertise their company would eventually take on. But they would not be surprised to know their dedication to commitment, trust, and putting customers first is still at the heart of everything Brokers Trust continues to do.
Our strong and long-standing reputation with insurers and brokers dates back to 1963—as does our commitment to ensuring clients always feel taken care of, every step of the way.
- 1963 – Gino Ventresca and Bruno Bertolin found the company as Ventresca-Bertolin Insurance Agency.
- 1972 – Success brings a move to a larger office at Eglington & Dufferin and Fred Giansante becomes a Partner.
- 1990 – The company acquires Rex Insurance. Larry Scenna becomes a Partner.
- 1991 – Brokers Trust moves to a new office at Keele and Lawrence.
- 1999 – Brokers Trust is joined by Norwood Insurance Group.
- 2000 – Brokers Trust adds several brokers and brokerages, including Bill Dunn Insurance, Doug Rice Insurance, and Northtown Insurance.
- 2002 – The Brokers Trust team moves to its current location in Vaughan.
- 2009 – In January of 2009, the Gena Giansante Fundraiser was created in honour of Fred Giansante’s daughter. Brokers Trust created an annual $5,000 scholarship to the Schulich School of Business in memory of Gena.
- 2013 – Brokers Trust celebrates 50 years in business.
- 2014 – The team partners with Applied Systems to leverage their innovative cloud-based insurance software. Brokers Trust purchases and welcomes Dagmar Insurance to the team.
- 2018 – Joseph Carnevale becomes a Partner. The Brokers Trust team participates in the CIBC Run for the Cure, raising and donating over $7,000. Brokers Trust also receives the 2018 Pinnacle Award from Applied Systems.
- 2019 – Mario Giansante becomes Partner. Brokers Trust rebrands, launching a logo refresh and brand-new website to best reflect the company they’ve grown to today. The team continues to stand behind its family roots, with over 100 employees and growing!
- 2020 – Brokers Trust expands to Ottawa and Mississauga branches.
Personalized service that’s got you covered.
Today, Brokers Trust is proud to employ over 50 highly dedicated brokers and more than 70 licensed individuals in our office. Our team provides expertise for both personal and business insurance coverage, as well as life insurance, group benefits and group retirement services. Our team also includes specialists to advise on your investments and financial planning. We are a wholly independent brokerage that’s extremely proud to employ a dedicated group of loyal, tenured employees who feel like family.
Our goal is to provide every customer with exactly the right coverage solution to ensure complete peace of mind, which means we are dedicated to taking the time to know each client and understanding their specific needs. The proof? Our high client satisfaction has led to a retention rate over 93%—far above the industry average. And we are always looking for new and innovative ways to go further and do more for the people who do business with us.